Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer


I will admit I began reading Twilight with high hopes. Always am I the excited one when it comes to vampire novels. And OH how I adore the occasional bout of fluffy girl reading (AKA romance just for romance's sake). But good god, Twilight takes it too far. Bella is whisked away to mysterious Forks, WA (bleh). Then she meet her dream man (Edward Cullen) in school, but, alas, he is not able to be with her because he is a vampire and it is against the vampire morals. Yet, they fall in love anyway. Herein lies a problem, I would believe that these two would at least kiss, fool around a little due to the fact that they are teenagers. But nay, they keep their hands to themselves much to my dismay. And their love continues to consist of long, meaningful stares. This is fine for young readers and generally most people of lower reading levels, but it is advertised for my age group and I am highly distressed. Not only is the plot incredibly base, but so are the characters. For the record, I also disapprove of Stephanie Meyer's writing style as it contains little to no details, and fails horribly at syntax and vocabulary. Truly this book was written for the young reader who is pure of heart, and enjoys boring, easy to read novels, much akin to magazines. Reviewed by Sheina, age 18

No comments:

Post a Comment